ANTHONY JOSHUA has revealed he will look to knock-out Deontay Wilder early to nullify the Bronze Bomber’s power should the pair fight this year.
The British star, 30, is hoping to go toe-to-toe with the American in 2020 after reclaiming his heavyweight world title belts last month.
Joshua put his misery from June behind him by beating Andy Ruiz Jr in their rematch in Saudi Arabia.
And AJ already has a plan of attack in mind should he get a crack at Wilder… to attack.
Wilder KO’ed challenger Luis Ortiz in the seventh round to defend his title but Joshua says he wouldn’t let it go that far.
Watford star Joshua said: “”He wouldn’t be there to do that in the seventh round. I would go in to knock him out.
“It’s heavyweight against heavyweight, champion against champion.
“This is a serious fight, so I ain’t going to go in there to try and outbox him for 12 rounds, because of his punching power as well.
“I’ve got to go in there and take him out. Don’t let him get too comfortable in the ring with me.”
Joshua’s game-plan is far different from the one used in December, when he put in a conservative display to keep Ruiz at arm’s length and get the win.
When asked if he was fearful of the threat posed by Wilder, Joshua said: “Nah, not scary, but I know it’s there.
“There are certain punches. Some are like concussive, some are stinging and some are like punches where they knock you out with one punch and you’re out for the count.
“Wilder possesses that kind of power. It’s about eliminating that power and just studying how to deal with it really.”
Should a fight go ahead, Joshua has insisted it take place in the UK, saying it makes the most sense.
First, Joshua must get past a mandatory challenger for his IBF and WBO belts – either Kubrat Pulev or Oleksandr Usyk.
Meanwhile, Wilder will face Joshua’s fellow Brit Tyson Fury in Las Vegas on February 22. — The Sun