Uncategorized

Family escapes death by a whisker

17 Jul, 2020 - 11:07 0 Views
Family escapes death by a whisker

B-Metro

Danisa Masuku
A FAMILY from Newton West suburb in Bulawayo is lucky to be alive after they woke up to a thick cloud of smoke and broke down a door to escape after a thief set their storeroom on fire.

The incident which left Emilly Muzarurwa and her family shell-shocked happened last week on Thursday.

Speaking on condition of anonymity a neighbour said Muzarurwa was in deep sleep when she was choked by smoke and woke up to find her storeroom which is adjacent to her bedroom in flames.

The source said: “She woke her daughter up. At the time the whole house was engulfed by a thick cloud of smoke. They had to break down the door and screamed for help.”

The source said a neighbour rushed to the house and helped to put out the fire.

“A door mat in the living room was in flames .While they were putting out the fire, Muzarurwa’s daughter spotted a male adult scaling over a pre-cast wall with a 3kg gas cylinder and an adaptor. In fear she retreated while screaming. The suspect showed a clean pair of heels with the gadgets,” said the source.

They reported the matter to the police.

Bulawayo police spokesperson Abednico Ncube confirmed the incident: “It is suspected that diesel which was kept in the storeroom caught fire while a suspected thief was busy stealing. Luckily no one was injured. The suspect who is on the run took an adaptor and a 3kg gas cylinder. We would like to urge members of the public not to keep diesel or petrol or any flammable liquid in the house.”

Share This:

Sponsored Links