Bosso CEO in $200 allowance furore with subordinates

25 Oct, 2019 - 00:10 0 Views
Bosso CEO in $200 allowance furore with subordinates Nhlanhla Dube (right) has an exchange of words with his subordinates

B-Metro

Fungai Muderere/ Danisa Masuku  

HIGHLANDERS chief executive officer Nhlanhla Dube recently had a heated exchange of words with his two female subordinates in full glare of Bosso faithfuls and football neutrals at Barbourfields Stadium allegedly over the duo’s demand of $200 cushion allowances each.

The incident happened soon after Bosso’s two-nil home triumph over Rahman Gumbo’s TelOne.

Circumstances are that the two-Sibonginkosi Gumede-Khumalo and Sihlalisiwe Mnkandla — were sent on forced leave after eight years but before they went on vacation it is said they asked for $200 cushion allowances each and the only way they could get the money was to do some duties during Bosso’s home matches.

According to a well-placed source, this was only a verbal agreement and things took a new twist when office administration staff went on a sabbatical.

On the day in question, Gumede-Khumalo and Mnkandla reported for duty at Emagumeni and when they were about to proceed to the cash room for their respective cushion allowances they were told by a fuming Dube that they were not going to get anything as they were on leave. 

The two reacted and told Dube that he was “a nobody, a contract worker” and they were “full-time employees” in reference to his unclear status at the club. 

As the argument continued, Dube was overheard by a B-Metro crew saying: “It was not my decision. It was an executive decision. No, no, no! But why am I always accused of something that I did not do . . .  that has to be corrected.” 

Seeing that the livid Dube, who is touted as the face of the success-starved Highlanders institution, was now getting out of hand, club treasurer Donald Ndebele and committee member Wisdom Mabhena tried to calm the situation but to no avail.

While Ndebele went on to warn their head of secretariat that all the hullaballoo was happening in the presence of journalists, the incensed Dube retorted: “I do not even care. They can write whatever they want to write.”

Contacted for comment on Wednesday Dube answered his mobile phone and surprisingly went quiet letting these reporters listen to background noise.

Moments later the mobile phone was no longer reachable.

This publication did not also find any joy in calling the club’s chairman Kenneth Mhlophe as his two mobile phones went unanswered. 

Dube’s two-year contract as Bosso CEO expired at the end of April this year and it divided the club’s executive.

Just before the expiry of his deal, the Mhlophe-led executive met where a decision was made not to renew the contract because the feeling from some of the club’s leaders was that the former Bosso secretary-general had not delivered on his mandate. 

The club’s human resources committee had, however, recommended that Dube’s tenure should be extended up to the end of the year since Bosso had not met some of his contractual obligations and feared litigation. 

This led to the suspension of two executive committee members Modern Ngwenya and Israel Moyo.

However, the duo which had been actually found guilty of charges they were facing, are back in office after successfully appealing to the club’s board of directors. 

Share This:

Sponsored Links